Monday, January 31, 2011

drained

this was the day i had my bag stolen at charles de gaulle airport.

eventually, we recovered the bag with most of the contents but the three petty thieves took my money, my beloved point-and-shoot camera, my truffle-chewed iphone cord and earphones, my used make-up (that's pretty nasty), my hand and face cream, and three ballpoint pens - one for each of the stealers i suppose. thankfully, the thieving trio left my credit cards, my bank card, my health and travel medical cards, my new book, my nivea toner, my half-filled moleskin notebook that included a few photos of truffle, and one pen. doubly thankfully, i had my iphone, vaseline, and air france sleep mask in my jacket pockets.

what made me so angry and frustrated was that i noticed the three girls behind me at the security check and could have done a number of things to thwart the theft. but hindsight is twenty-twenty. and of course, replaying the scene over and over again in my mind didn't help.

thieves, if you're out there, i'm shaking my fist at you. remember karma.

all the drama made me drained so i slept most of the way to nairobi.



{ day 015 | sat jan 15 | iphone 3gs | hipstamatic 190 | helga viking | ina's 1969 | no flash }

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © 2011 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP