Saturday, January 8, 2011

for the possibility

about a month ago, i found an old polaroid camera at a thrift shop for three dollars.

my mom had bought me a polaroid camera when i was eight or nine years old. at that time, a pack of ten exposures cost ten dollars and i happily went through packs and packs of film until i eventually broke the camera. as an only child, i suffered from intense boredom, which i alleviated by learning how to pick locks, balancing on the backs of dining room chairs until i fell on my face, teaching myself how to do back walkovers, and playing with the mechanical parts of my polaroid camera to try to figure out how it worked. that is, until i broke it.

standing in the thrift shop, i reminisced about my old polaroid while i gingerly turned the three dollar camera in my hands. it was a different model and i had no idea if it would work. but i purchased it anyway. for the faint possibility that it would.

with my three dollar polaroid camera in hand, i set about looking to purchase some film. ebay was too expensive so i decided to try the impossible project. the film is still quite experimental and can yield unpredictable results. there was only silver shade available and i wanted colour. but it "only" cost around thirty dollars including shipping for eight exposures so i purchased it anyway. for the possibility that my camera would work.

and it did.



{ day 008 | sat jan 08 | iphone 3gs | hipstamatic 185 | helga viking | ina's 1969 | no flash }

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © 2011 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP