Sunday, January 2, 2011

can't get you off my mind

alongside my three sixty five project, i am also tackling a project of fifty two self portraits. i tried doing a year of selfies in the past but failed after a miserable three months. it was horrible. horribly difficult. horribly boring.

a funny thing happened as i was looking through my old selfies. there were some photographs that i really liked. as torturous as the project was at that time, it challenged my creativity and i was rather proud of the collection for the most part. for twenty eleven, i decided to create a less demanding series of self portraits and thus this fifty two week project was born.

my mind has been plagued with a new obsession lately. everywhere i go, i am drawn to the likeness of birds. it started in 2009 when i bought a feather earring in chile and got more serious last year when i bought a three tiered jewellery holder with a bird on top but it didn't become a full blown obsession until recently. i just can't seem to get birds off my mind. i purchased the bird used in the below image from bowring on boxing day for a whopping buck ninety nine. it was literally the only thing i bought for myself that day. i bought it with the intention of wearing it on my head. so here i am. with a bird on my head.

side note: i toyed with calling this bird brain because that's what i felt like when i saw the expression on vince's face when he saw me. oddly enough, he wasn't surprised by my new look. i don't know if that made me feel better or worse.



{ week 01 | canon 5dm2 | canon 35mm f/1.4 | iso 800 | f/1.4 | 1/50 sec | no flash | cable release }

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © 2011 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP